Friday, March 19, 2010

Fashion Fridays: Fab Finds

What?!  Two features in one?!  Mind-boggling, I know.  But I've been a bargain-finding fool this week and I wanted to share what I found with you all.  And since it's all clothing-related, it fits perfectly with Fashion Fridays.  Why not kill two birds with one stone if you can, right?

My first stop was Plato's Closet.  For those of you who have never heard of or been to Plato's Closet, here's a bit about it:  it's a consignment store chain that caters to teens through twentysomethings.  They sell mostly girls/womens clothing but do have an expanding guys section.  They carry everything from clothes to shoes to bags to jewelry to room wares.  And, unlike a lot of consignment stores where you have to wait for your item to sell before you get paid, Plato's Closet buys your items right there on the spot.  You bring your items in, they decide what they can use and buy it from you.  You can check for locations on their website.  So, back to my finds.  I was there Monday selling some jewelry and was browsing through the racks while waiting for my "buy" to be ready.  Now, up to this point, I've never really found anything there that I liked enough to buy.  Truthfully, though, I've never really taken the time to look-I usually have my son with me and shopping while fighting to hold onto a 28 pound wiggly kid don't go hand-in-hand.  This time, my SIL was running errands with me, so we switched off holding Bobby and shopping.  I found these:


I snagged this J. Crew striped shirt for $8!  


I love this slide-ons by Roxy.


This is my favorite find-this yellow and black plaid dress.  I love the buffalo check and I'm loving yellow right  now.  It's a little too short to wear alone, but I have a great pair of leggings that will go great under this.

Next stop: Target.  I went with my mom earlier this week.  After drooling all over the Liberty of London line, I headed over to the clearance where I found these:


I about peed my pants when I found this.  
First. let me give you a little background on this vest so you can understand why I got excited:  I have been looking of a simple black vest for ages.  Every time I find one I like, it's gone when I go to buy it.  That was the case with this vest.  I saw it back in January, right before my birthday.  I fell in love instantly-it was exactly what I had been looking for.  Then I saw the price tag-$20.  I wasn't feeling it.  But, as I said, it was near my birthday. So I came back a few days later, armed with my Target gift card that I had gotten as a present and it was gone.  This was only three days after I had just seen it!  I was crushed.  I looked it up online and did a store search.  None of the stores near me had it.  I looked at the store near my mom.  None.  Then, luck found me!  And it was half off!  Heck yes!


When I first saw this skirt, I wanted one.  But I didn't want to pay $25 for it.  And they went like hotcakes.  So I was tickled pink to find one on clearance for $6.24!!!!!  Oh yeah!

Found anything good this week?

1 comment:

  1. i totally have that yellow skirt and i went to platos closet in slc this week!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! They make my day :)

If you have questions, please email me
scrapsnscribs@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...