Thursday, May 19, 2011

My First Attempt at Glazing and Some Pretties

I tried my hand at glazing for the first time last week and I must say, I'm quite pleased with the results.  


Last week, I gave you all a sneak peak at some projects I was working on.


They're all finished!


I attached the birdhouses to the candlesticks and glazed the frames.


Here's the frame before.


And here it is after some paint and glaze.  I love how the glaze brought out all the neat details of this frame.  Right now, it's sporting my spring printable from Very Jane.


Here are my birdhouse pedestals.  I sanded the houses to give them a worn look and then glued them onto the candlesticks.


Here is a before of the other frame I glazed.


And after.


This one is waiting for something to go in it.  But I love how it turned out!  Isn't amazing what a coat of paint can do?!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun and colorful project. I like how the birdhouses and frames match.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love glazing! It works really well on things that have detail, just like you have here. They look great! Great job!

    Bekah

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! They make my day :)

If you have questions, please email me
scrapsnscribs@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...