Monday, February 28, 2011

{Trying to} Get Ahead

It seems like every time I try to get this blog back on track, something else happens that sets me back.  This week was no exception.  

In the wee hours Thursday morning, while lying in bed, trying desperately to fall asleep, I was hit hard and fast with a nasty stomach flu.  Leaving all of the nasty bits out, let's just say, my commode and I are now very well acquainted.  And to top it off, hubby was out of town last week for work.  So, here I am, all alone, puking my guts up and still have to try to take care of my little guy.  That just wasn't going to happen.  It's times like these when I am so incredibly grateful for the wonderful ladies I know through church.  I called one of them up, told her what was going on and asked if she knew of anyone who could help me with the little guy for the day.  10 minutes later, she calls me back and has someone who could take him for almost the entire day.  What a blessing.  My brother-in-law came and picked up the puppy so that I didn't have to worry about him, either.  My sister-in-law and her husband came over that night to get the little guy some dinner and put him to bed (on her birthday, no less.)  And then, later that night, my brother drove an hour to come stay and help with the little guy the next day.  

I am so blessed and so grateful to have such wonderful, caring people in my life.  I really don't know what I would have done those couple days without you all.  You'll never know what a difference it made to me.

Well, three days in bed with the flu kinda set me back on my homework, so part of Saturday and a good chunk of Sunday was spent trying to finish up my final for one of my classes.  Now, normally I try to not do homework on Sundays, but given the circumstances, I really didn't have a choice.  I worked on it til about 10 last night, and was only half-way through.  Our assignments are due by midnight each Sunday.  There was no way I was going to finish it in two hours.  So, I shot my professor an email, explained to him what had gone down that week and told him I would accept whatever penalty there was for turning it in late, but if he was willing, given the circumstances, would he grant me an extra day?  He wrote me back at 1:30 in the morning (mind you, I was asleep at 1:30 in the morning and not really checking my email) saying "No assignment by end of semester.  I did get your email, but must give you the grade earned by the end of the semester."  

So, I got a BIG. FAT. ZERO.
Lovely.

All that work, busting my sick butt for nothing.  And that lovely zero brought my down to a C.  Wouldn't it have been nice to know that the night before?  I would have at least turned in what I had done to get some grade instead of nothing.

Sorry for the major venting, guys, but I'm just so super-frustrated right now.  I've worked so hard in that class all semester for it to end like that.  And there's really nothing I can do about it.

Ugh.

How were your weekends?  I hope they were better than mine!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. What a jerk! I've taught university, and there's no reason for a prof to do that! You poor thing, hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! They make my day :)

If you have questions, please email me
scrapsnscribs@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...