Friday, October 1, 2010

Fashion Fridays: Holey Tee Revamp #2

I hope you all have been enjoying Reader Appreciation Week!

I've been working on that pile of t-shirts again and got one done this week (along with a bunch more sewing projects!)


I saw this shirt while in Miami and knew exactly shirt I could do this to!


This shirt had a pretty good sized hole.  I was so upset-I'd only worn it a few times!  But I thought the ruffles and lace would be perfect to covering it up and adding some flair.  I stitch up the hole, so it wouldn't keep growing, then got to work.


I started from measuring the shirt from the right shoulder seem to bottom middle (just a little to the left of the hole.)  Using those measurements, I cut two pieces of lace and then added on 6 inches to the length and cut out two pieces of knit fabric that were 2 inches wide.  I ruffled the knit fabric.


Then I pinned on one piece of lace, sewed it in place, then pinned on a ruffle and sewed it in place.


Repeat with the remaining lace and ruffle.


And you're done!


I like the way the ruffles and the lace look together.


And that hole?


Can't even tell it was ever there!



post signature

1 comment:

I ♥ your comments! They make my day :)

If you have questions, please email me
scrapsnscribs@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...