Monday, January 3, 2011

Guest Blogger: Tatertots and Jello

I had some technical difficulties with the post when I originally posted it, so I'm re-posting it for you all.  The wonderful and amazing Jen from Tatertots and Jello came by to share something yummy.  


Hi! I'm Jen from Tatertots and Jello! I am so excited to be here at Courtney's blog!! 





I would love to share one of my favorite recipes with you -- Chocolate Ganache Truffles. These are delightful to make for a Christmas Party or a New Years Eve dessert!

Chocolate Ganache Truffles

Ingredients:
  • 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped fine
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped fine
  • Sprinkles

Directions

  • Chop up the Chocolate. I used my food processor. But if you don't have one, you can can chop it up with a knife. 
  • Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Remove from the heat and pour the mixture over the melted chocolate mixture; let stand for 2 minutes. 
  • Using a rubber spatula, stir gently, starting in the middle of bowl and working in concentric circles until all chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth and creamy.
  • Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour. 

  • Using a melon baller, scoop chocolate onto a sheet pan lined with wax paper and return to the refrigerator for 30 minutes. 
  • Place the 8 ounces of chocolate into a medium mixing bowland microwave the bowl for a minute on power level 3, check it each minute to see if it's melting. 
  • Remove the truffles from the refrigerator and shape into balls by rolling between the palms of your hands. Use powder-free vinyl or latex gloves, if desired. 
 
  •  Then place the truffle in the bowl of chocolate. Use a slotted spoon and gently remove the truffle from the chocolate and gently place it on the waxed paper. Add some sprinkles to the top.
  •  Allow to set in a cool dry place for at least 1 hour; or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature. 
Enjoy!!





Thanks for letting me come over and share one of my favorite recipes!! 
Some other Christmas projects I've made this year have been:





Happy Holidays!!! 

xoxo


Thanks so much for stopping by today, Jen!
 Merry Christmas to you all and I hope that you have a safe and enjoyable holiday!

Make Some Scribbles!

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments! They make my day :)

If you have questions, please email me
scrapsnscribs@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...