Friday, December 17, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Cookies Countdown Day 11-Snowballs

So,half of my posts from this last week have just disappeared, including the last two cookie recipes for the countdown.  I'm re-posting them for your reading pleasure :)



This yummy morsels are from my awesome Grandma-in-law and they are fabulous!


Snowballs


1 cup butter or margerine (butter is best)
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups sifted flour
1 cup ground nuts (I like pecans or walnuts)
1 tsp. vanilla,
Red food coloring (optional)
powdered sugar

Cream butter and sugar thoroughly.
Add a few drops of red food coloring here if desired
Add vanilla,
Add flour - 1/2 cup at a time.
Add nuts
Blend.
Chill for at least an hour.
Shape into small balls about the size of marbles.
Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes.
Cool and then roll in powdered sugar OR
Roll while hot in powdered sugar and again when the cookies cool.  (Best)


Enjoy!
post signature

Make Some Scribbles!

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments! They make my day :)

If you have questions, please email me
scrapsnscribs@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...