Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Kali


I'd like you to meet Kali.  
She is our 4-year-old ball python.  We've had her since she was just a few weeks old.  

Now, I know most people don't have snake for pets.  And I certainly don't look like the type to own a snake.  The funniest part is, she actually is MY snake.  My husband gave her to me for our first Valentine's Day.  I'm sure you are all thinking, WHAT?!  For Valentine's Day?!  What kind of husband gives his wife a snake for Valentine's Day?!  
Mine does.  I'd always wanted one.  One day, not too long after we were married, we were at the pet store and they had baby ball pythons.  That's when he found out that I was a snake girl.  I cooed over them like a normal person would over a cute puppy or kitty.  And the rest is history.  She's just as much a part of the family as a dog or cat would be and is a lot easier to take care of!  No hair to vacuum up, no accidents on the rug.  

I'm linking her up to this week's Shutter Love over at Trendy Treehouse.  Please go check it out and vote for us!

ShutterLoveTuesdays

5 comments:

  1. She is beautiful! I have two, a male and female, and I adore them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think she's cute for a snake. Snakes never bothered me. Now if you had a spider for a pet, then it would be different! lol
    Unique pet!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted a snake but since I always have rats and hamsters as pets I could never feed them live food, I would feel so bad. But I love playing with my bffs ball python! And I think a snake is a great VDay gift, my fiance knows that he can always gift me with a new pet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a beautiful male royal/ball python called Elvis! I have had him for about 12 years now, they make awesome pets! I also have a corn snake called Alice, I have had him for 18 years! I'm just like you - I coo over anything with scales! and amphibians too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry - I got so excited rambling on about my animal loves I nearly forgot to say - Kali is beautiful and what a lovely photo! :)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! They make my day :)

If you have questions, please email me
scrapsnscribs@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...