Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hand-made Goodie of the Week: Tile Coasters

I made these for two of my sisters-in law as Christmas presents (and I loved them so much, I made a set for myself.)  There's super-customizable, super-cute and super-easy.


You'll need:
4 4x4 ceramic tiles (think bathroom wall tiles)-color doesn't matter because you'll be covering them up
Scrapbook paper, photos, stamps, whatever you'd like to use decorate your tiles (if using stamps, make sure you use a fast-drying, permanent ink to avoid smears)
16 small felt feet (4 for each tile)
Mod Podge
Glue stick
Sponge brush
Utility knife

Cut your paper (or photos) to fit your tile (you might want to cut the paper just a little bigger than the tile, then you can trim it up after the mod podge dries.)  With glue stick, cover back of paper completely with a good, thick layer of glue.  Press down firmly onto tile, smoothing out any bubbles.  Using the sponge brush, brush on a thin layer of mod podge-this is what seals your coaster and makes it water proof.  Let dry for about 20 minutes and then apply a second thin layer.


Once it's completely dry, trim up any edges that are hanging off.  Apply the felt feet to the bottom, one in each corner.  This keeps the tile from scratching up surfaces.

And that's it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Court ;-),

    I loooovvvee the cute tiles of our gr gr babies! Did I forget to tell you - sorry, but they are prominently displayed on our coffe table!!! Love & Hugs, Gram - in law <3

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! They make my day :)

If you have questions, please email me
scrapsnscribs@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...