Friday, January 29, 2010

Fashion Fridays: DIY Ruffle Tee

My friend MyLyn (you can check out her blog here) posted a link to this tutorial on how to make your own ruffled tee.  I got so excited when I saw it, because I knew just the shirt to make-over with this project.  So, instead of just reading the tutorial and looking at the pictures and thinking to myself, "That looks so cool, I should do that," and then never doing it, I sat down while my son was taking his nap and I did it.  Here's a look at what I did today:

It started with two shirts.  I didn't get as good of a deal as Sachiko from Tea Rose Home, but they were a still steal at only $4 each at Target.  I do love Target.

And then one shirt became strips of shirt.  

Which were turned into ruffles.  Here I have the collar ruffle done and attached to the shirt, and all the front ruffles gathered and waiting to be sewn on.

The finished product (Sorry, it looks kinda gray in this picture but I promise it's black.)

I am quite pleased with how it turned out.  I even did a little flower (I'm thinking of doing one more later.)  And all this was sewn by hand, as I can't use a sewing machine to save my life : )!  It probably would have been a lot faster had I used my sewing machine.  That is one of my resolutions for the year-to get to know my sewing machine better.  So you'll probably be seeing more sewing projects from me in the months to come.  I'm thinking my next one will be this-another cute project from Tea Rose Home.  Check it out along with the other awesome stuff on her blog!  I have definitely been inspired to do some more sewing!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, it turned out great! I love my Ivory shirt, but I love your black one too. Maybe I need to get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this too! and her flower ruffle one! i love her stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! They make my day :)

If you have questions, please email me
scrapsnscribs@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...