We all know that not every craft or project comes out exactly how we envisioned it in our minds. Such was the case with this lamp.
I got this little guy from my sister-in-law when she and her hubby moved and didn't need it anymore. Now, I'm not a huge fan of gold, so that had to be changed
And the shade had gotten mucked up a bit. I tried cleaning it, but whatever that was, would not come out. So, I thought, I'll make something cute to cover it up!
First things first, I spray painted the lamp black. I picked out this lovely satin finish that works great on metals.
See, doesn't it look better already?
Then onto the shade. I decided I'd make some rosettes to decorate it with, so I grabbed some burlap and some matching fabric from my stash
And made a bunch of rosettes.
I laid them out on the shade before I glued them on, and it looked nice. But somewhere along the way, it did not turn out right. So I gently pulled off the flowers and was going to try again, this time pulling off the accordian-like outside and covering the whole thing in burlap. I'm sorry there are no pictures of the awfulness that was. I was so frustrated with how things were going that I totally forgot to take some. But, anyways, I was trying to cover the shade,
when this happened. The whole shade just crumbled in my hands as I was putting on the burlap.
Seriously. Every time I touched it, it crumbled more. So now I had a freshly painted lamp and no shade.
I finally found a shade that would go with my lamp for only $4 at Goodwill-score! I still wanted to dress it up a bit, so I put those flowers I had already made to good use.
I picked out a few and played around with where I wanted them, until I got this.
Hot glued them in place and...
After months, my lamp is finally finished!!!!