Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hand-made Goodie of the Week: A Piece of the Beach


I think I'm just about caught up.  Whew!

This week's hand-made goodie is easy-peasy, but I love it so.


As I've mentioned, I love the beach.  It is seriously one of my favorite places to be.  So, logically, a girl like me with a love of the beach would want a little piece of it at home.  I've got a whole shoebox full of shells that I've collected over my lifetime.  I wanted a cute way to display them and add some decor to my bathroom (which, I have decided, is now beach-themed.)  


I've been adding little touches here and there-I dressed up these jars with some cute ribbon that matches our shower curtain


I know it's kind of hard to tell, but the blue dots on the ribbon are the same color blue as the middle of the flowers on the curtain.
But I still felt that it needed something.


I bought this flat-ish round vase at Walmart for $2.  On our last beach trip, I scooped up a bag full of dry sand to use in the vase (my husband was looking at me like I was nuts.)  I filled it about 1/3 full then added the shells.  And that was it.  The whole project took 5 minutes (probably less.)  And all it cost me was $2!

Nothing really impressive, but it makes me happy when I see it because it reminds me of the beach : )


post signature

Make Some Scribbles!

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments! They make my day :)

If you have questions, please email me
scrapsnscribs@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...