Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tipping Thursday: Skincare Part VII-Masks

Masks are a great pick-me-up for your skin.  You can do them about once a week, if you can fit it in or monthly.  They definitely aren't an every day skin product, so once a week should be the max.  They're a nice way to take a break, do something nice for yourself and just relax.

Masks are also great for targeting specific skin problems, as there is a mask for nearly every skin condition and ailment.  There are masks that hydrate, reduce oil, firm, clean and shrink pores, assist with acne or just give skin a little extra boost.  Always be sure to read the label instructions.  Every mask is different in how it is used-some masks you only leave on for a short period of time and others you wait til the mask is dry.  I've learned from personal experience to always read the instructions.  I was using a mask that contained benzoyl peroxide and thought it was like any other mask where you leave it on until it's dry.  I burnt my skin pretty bad.  It was red and hot and puffy for the rest of the day.  Turns out, that mask was only meant to be left on for 5 minutes-I had left it on for over 15! 

Go give yourself an at-home facial and relax!

Make Some Scribbles!

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments! They make my day :)

If you have questions, please email me
scrapsnscribs@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...