Tuesday, July 24, 2012

{Handmade Goodie of the Week} No-Sew Tutu

Ah, it's good to be back.  Every time I think I'm on top of things and am able to get back to blogging, life comes and smacks me in the face.  I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep it up (keep your fingers crossed!)  

Today I'm sharing something that every little girl should have at some point in her life-a tutu.  This is a no-sew, no-glue, two-items-only tutu that can be turned out in a half hour or less.  If that doesn't make you smile, then I just don't know what will!


One of the fun things about having a little girl is getting to dress her up in frou-frou outfits, giant bows and flowers and lots of pink {which we all know I am not a personal fan of for myself, but I just love it on my daughter!}


So a pink tutu was needed {yes, NEEDED.}


And it was 100% no sew, which I loved!


To make one of your own, you'll need:
Ribbon
Tulle
Scissors


I used my little princess as a model to measure how long I wanted the ribbon.  I wanted it long enough to fit around her now, with room to grow {the ends get tied together, so the bow is adjustable to allow for growing.  How awesome!}


Once cut, I folded it in half to find my center.


Then, again using my model, I eyeballed how long I wanted the tutu to be {I made mine a little longer than usual, because I want her to be able to wear it for a while.}  I then doubled that length and cut strips of the tulle the same length {my tutu used 33 strips of tulle.} Starting at the center of my ribbon, I took one strip of tulle, folded it in half and laid the ribbon over top of it, as seen above


With the tulle still under the ribbon, pull the ends of the tulle up over the ribbon and through the loop at the top of the folded strip, like so


Pull the ends tight through the loop, so it's knotted onto your ribbon, like in the picture


Repeat on either side until you've filled up your tutu to the desired length


Tie it on your baby girl and ta-da!  A pretty, easy {and tasty :) } tutu for your little princess!


post signature

1 comment:

I ♥ your comments! They make my day :)

If you have questions, please email me
scrapsnscribs@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...